Clinical legal education – the participation by law students in the giving of legal advice and representation to actual clients – is playing an increasingly important role within UK law schools. Pro bono - the provision of...Show More
Clinical legal education – the participation by law students in the giving of legal advice and representation to actual clients – is playing an increasingly important role within UK law schools. Pro bono - the provision of free legal advice or representation for those who may otherwise have no access to justice - is a vital part of the legal profession's commitment to the rule of law.
This book is written by members of staff at Northumbria University's ground-breaking legal clinic, the Student Law Office. The authors, all of whom are qualified solicitors, have applied their long experience of clinical legal education into providing an authoritative and practical guide to all aspects of the subject, from valuable advice on establishing a law clinic and the professional and ethical issues involved, to practical skills such as interviewing, drafting and advocacy.
The text includes detailed lists of further reading and a series of practical activities at the end of each chapter. A companion website featuring useful supplementary material can be found at www.palgrave.com/law/lawclinic
New and authoritative guide to a popular subject?
Written by experts in the field
Indispensible guidance to students on how?to?succeed, both academically?and professionally
Features real world examples and practical advice
What is clinical legal education and pro bono?
Setting up a clinical legal education or pro bono project
Ethics and professional conduct in clinic and pro bono
Working with your supervisor and others
Interviewing and advising
Legal writing and drafting
Practical legal research
Organising and strategising
Clinic, pro bono and your career
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Great Debates in Jurisprudence Nicholas J McBride, Sandy Steel
- Contract Law Ewan McKendrick
- Great Debates in Medical Law and Ethics Imogen Goold, Jonathan Herring
- Trusts Law Charlie Webb, Tim Akkouh
- Corporate Governance Marc Moore, Martin Petrin
- A Student Guide to Clinical Legal Education and Pro Bono Kevin Kerrigan, Victoria Murray
- Great Debates in Family Law Jonathan Herring, Rebecca Probert, Stephen Gilmore
- Great Debates in Gender and Law Rosemary Auchmuty
- Criminal Law Jonathan Herring
- Making Sense of Land Law April Stroud
- Great Debates on the European Convention on Human Rights Fiona de Londras, Kanstantsin Dzehtsiarou
- Torts Alastair Mullis, Ken Oliphant