This fully revised edition of the same authors' Governance, Administration and Development is the ideal introduction to public management and the policy process in developing countries. With a new chapter on issues of law...Show More
This fully revised edition of the same authors' Governance, Administration and Development is the ideal introduction to public management and the policy process in developing countries. With a new chapter on issues of law and order, it also covers current debates on civil society, aid and intervention, and the relationship of states and markets.Show Less
New edition of the leading text on management and policy in developing countries; there is no other uptodate text available of this kind
Substantially revised and updated throughout with addition of extra chapter on law and order issues
Balances an assessment of current practices with the key theoretical approaches to development management
Administration, Management, Governance and Development
Organizational Environments: Comparisons, Contrasts and Significance
Law and Order: Insecurity, Crime, Conflict and Violence
The Policy Process: How and Who?
Structuring and Managing Government Organizations for Developmental Success
Administration and Civil Service Reform
Planning for Development: From Writing National Plans to Tackling 'Wicked Problems'
Decentralization within the State: Good Theory but Poor Practice?
Economic Development and the Public Sector From State Ownership to Enabling Environment
Beyond the State, Beyond the Market? Civil Society and NGOs
Conclusion: What Future for the Public Sector?.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Theory and Methods in Political Science Vivien Lowndes, David Marsh, Gerry Stoker
- Development and the State in the 21st Century Erica Frantz, Natasha Ezrow, Andrea Kendall-Taylor
- The Government and Politics of the European Union Neill Nugent
- Global Politics Andrew Heywood
- Understanding Public Administration Michiel S. de Vries
- Comparative Government and Politics John McCormick, Rod Hague, Martin Harrop
- Political Ideologies Andrew Heywood
- Public Management and Administration Owen E. Hughes
- European Politics Tim Bale
- Europe Recast Desmond Dinan
- Essentials of UK Politics Andrew Heywood
- Terrorism Richard Jackson, Lee Jarvis, Jeroen Gunning, Marie Breen-Smyth