A major new introduction to the UK planning system. It outlines the evolution and use of the new spatial planning approach which is increasingly adopted at all levels of the UK planning system from European through to the...Show More
A major new introduction to the UK planning system. It outlines the evolution and use of the new spatial planning approach which is increasingly adopted at all levels of the UK planning system from European through to the national, regional, sub-regional and local level.Show Less
- Written by one of the country's leading academics in the field?
- A comprehensive overview of the role, structure and reform of planning in the UK?
- Text is supplemented by a range of useful illustrations?
Introduction: The Search for Spatial Planning
Spatial Challenges in the 21st Century
Spatialization: Coming to Terms with Spatial Planning
Europeanization, Spatial Planning and Competitiveness
National Spatial Planning and Political Discretion
Regionalism and Regional Strategies
Sub-regionalism and City Regions
Localism, Local Planning and Reform
Spatial Planning, Governance and the State
Fluid Spatial Planning as Strategic Intelligence.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Urban Planning Chris Couch
- Making Better Places Patsy Healey
- Planning Theory Philip Allmendinger
- Urban Resilience Jon Coaffee, Peter Lee
- Urban Theory John Rennie Short
- Planning the Mobile Metropolis Luca Bertolini
- Urban Design, Space and Society Ali Madanipour
- GIS for Planning and the Built Environment Ed Ferrari, Alasdair Rae
- Spatial Planning and Governance Mark Tewdwr-Jones
- Planning in the UK Clara Greed
- Sustainable Cities Simon Joss
- Regional and Local Economic Development Cliff Hague, Carrie Breitbach