This well respected textbook has been fully updated to reflect how economic policies on housing, crime, the environment, pensions among other areas, have changed in recent years. The book offers a lucid, non-technical...Show More
This well respected textbook has been fully updated to reflect how economic policies on housing, crime, the environment, pensions among other areas, have changed in recent years. The book offers a lucid, non-technical introduction to important economic concepts, showing how they are applied in a real world setting.Show Less
The fourth edition of this successful textbook has been updated to?include new chapters on climate change, pensions?and road congestion, while all other chapters have been brought up to date.
The book covers a wide scope?of areas, setting each topic out in an organised and?well-balanced structure.?
The textbook is designed to be nontechnical?to appeal to a wide breadth of readers, including introductory economics students?as well as readers interested in social policy.????
Part 1: Social Objectives and the allocation of resources
Part 2: Health
Part 3: Education
Part 4: Poverty and social exclusion
Part 5: The ageing population pensions and social care
Part 6: Housing and neighbourhoods
Part 7: Crime
Part 8: Urban Congestion
Part 9: The environment global warming
Part 10: Markets and government.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Economic Methodology Marcel Boumans, John Davis
- An Introduction to Behavioral Economics Nick Wilkinson, Matthias Klaes
- Operations Management David Barnes
- Essential Operations Management Alex Hill, Terry Hill
- The Economics of Social Problems Sheila Smith, Julian Le Grand, Carol Propper
- Macroeconomics William Mitchell, L. Randall Wray, Martin Watts
- Global Strategic Management Philippe Lasserre
- Health Economics Jay Bhattacharya, Timothy Hyde, Peter Tu
- Practising Social Work Law Suzy Braye, Michael Preston-Shoot
- Social Policy in Britain P. Alcock, Margaret May
- Applied International Trade Harry P. Bowen, Abraham Hollander, Jean Marie Viaene
- Economics of Development A.P. Thirlwall, Penélope Pacheco-López