Winner of the CHOICE Outstanding Academic Titles, this key textbook offers an insight on the theory of emotional intelligence and its vital practical value. Elegantly and succinctly written, it makes a powerful case for the...
Winner of the CHOICE Outstanding Academic Titles, this key textbook offers an insight on the theory of emotional intelligence and its vital practical value. Elegantly and succinctly written, it makes a powerful case for the importance of understanding and managing emotions for effective professional practice.
Written for students and practitioners alike across a range of human services and caring professions, Howe’s work on attachment theory has been hugely influential. With a highly regarded reputation for setting the agenda in social work teaching, the author’s skills in communicating important theory in an engaging language make of this essential textbook a must-have for all current and future practitioners of the field.Show Less
- Provides an accessible introduction to emotional intelligence for people working in the human services
- Written by a best-selling author with a reputation for setting the agenda in social work teaching?
- An invaluable guide to relating theory to practice
Once More with Feeling
What is Emotional Intelligence?
What are Emotions?
The Emotional Brain
Emotions and Physical Health
Emotions and Mental Health
Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies
Relationship-based Interventions and Supports
The Professional Relationship and Emotional Intelligence
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Compassion in Nursing Alistair Hewison, Yvonne Sawbridge
- Writing for Nursing and Midwifery Students Julio Gimenez
- Peer Support in Mental Health Emma Watson, Sara Meddings
- The Critically Reflective Practitioner Sue Thompson, Neil Thompson
- Ethics and Values in Social Work Sarah Banks
- Doing a Successful Research Project Martin Davies, Nathan Hughes
- Social Work Theories in Context Karen Healy
- Philosophy of Social Science Ted Benton, Ian Craib
- Nursing Research Kader Parahoo
- Working with Substance Users George Allan
- Practising Social Work Sociologically Priscilla Dunk-West, Fiona Verity
- Sociology as Applied to Health and Medicine Graham Scambler