Featuring helpful examples and top tips throughout, this handy guide equips students with the tools to understand, respond to and apply lecturer feedback in order to continuously improve their academic performance. Chapters take students through the entire feedback process, from handling common feelings associated with feedback and making sense of criticism through to creating an effective action plan and applying feedback across their course.
Using Feedback to Boost Your Grades will be an invaluable toolkit for students of all subject areas and levels who want to take control of their academic progress and make the most of the feedback they receive.
- Helps students to deal with the challenges and emotions associated with receiving criticism
- Prompts students to critically reflect on their work and what they did well and which aspects of their work need developing
- Unpicks what markers' comments really mean
- Shows students how to categorise their feedback and build an effective action plan
PART 1: REACTING TO FEEDBACK. 1. Your feelings about feedback
2. What's important about feedback?
3. Initial reflections
PART 2: HOW WAS I ASSESSED?
4. Looking back
5. Looking for clues on assessment
6. Assessment and feedback
PART 3: MAKING SENSE OF YOUR FEEDBACK
7. What's challenging about feedback?
8. Understanding your feedback
PART 4: TAKING ACTION
9. Categorising your feedback
10. Taking action
PART 5: APPLYING FEEDBACK ACROSS YOUR COURSE
11. Feedback and reflection
12. Making reflection a habit
13. Taking your feedback skills with you
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Critical Thinking Skills Stella Cottrell
- Getting Critical Kate Williams
- Reading and Making Notes Jeanne Godfrey
- Dissertations and Project Reports Stella Cottrell
- Writing for University Jeanne Godfrey
- Referencing and Understanding Plagiarism Kate Williams, Mary Davis
- Skills for Success Stella Cottrell
- The Study Skills Handbook Stella Cottrell
- How to Write Better Essays Bryan Greetham
- Brilliant Writing Tips for Students Julia Copus
- Time Management Kate Williams, Michelle Reid
- Report Writing Michelle Reid